Word Made Flesh Burundi exists to contribute to the healing of psychological trauma by offering psychosocial services and capacity-building, empowering the community to become psychosocially, spiritually, culturally and economically resilient.
- Establish Community Therapeutic Centers where groups, families and individuals who need psychosocial assistance are helped to become psychologically, spiritually and economically resilient.
- Facilitate and coordinate workshops on trauma healing
- Train key community members on trauma healing
- To build capacity to fight against trauma through workshops and promote effective methods for a healing process, using music, community therapeutic theaters, cultural values, literature, dances, games and sport.
- Promote a reconciliation and conflict transformation processes through the Alternative to Violence Program.
- Sensitize the public and the international community to respond to trauma problems in Burundi.
- Sensitize and educate the community and its leaders about the problems related to the wellbeing of the children and the role to be played by the community.
- Sensitize and train the population on the methods of caring for the environment by an appropriate agriculture.
How You Can Help
Give: Commit to supporting WMF Burundi financially by giving monthly! You can donate here.
Partner: Talk about us! Get involved simply by sharing the work of Word Made Flesh Burundi and talking to your church, small group, friends, and family and asking others to come alongside us in our work.
Pray: Commit to praying for us and those we are working with once a month, once a week, or daily.
Join: Do you feel God calling you to Burundi? Do you have a heart for living and serving among vulnerable communities? Check out our job openings or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can journey with us!